show / hide sidebar
Looking for a unique or unlisted item?
Contact us today, we will endeavour to supply the items you are after or add you to our waiting list.Contact Us
New Zealand - 2015 - Silver Dollar Proof Coin - Kiwi Silhouette
2015 New Zealand $1 Silver Proof Coin - Kiwi Silhouette
The stunning silver proof Kiwi Silhouette coin incorporates a number of world firsts in commemorative coins, being the first 1oz coin and the first 0.999 silver proof coin to feature a laser-cut silhouette. It’s also the first laser-cut silhouette coin to feature 3D engraving.
- The first 1oz coin and the first 0.999 silver proof coin to feature a laser-cut silhouette
- The first laser-cut silhouette coin to feature 3D engraving
- As this coin is 1oz silver, it has incredible depth, not seen before on a laser-cut coin
- Low worldwide mintage of 2,000 coins
- Beautifully packaged in a case made from native New Zealand timber that has been laser-engraved with the kiwi and flax design
This striking silver-proof coin features a silhouette of the little spotted kiwi amongst flax (harakeke) where you’ll be likely to find them on Kapiti Island. The silhouette of the kiwi has been laser-cut, giving absolute precision in the cutting of the silhouette. The flax has been 3D laser-engraved on the coin, allowing for amazing detail and depth never-before-seen on a silver proof coin.
This stunning silver proof coin comes in packaging you’ll want to treasure. Made from New Zealand rimu and featuring a laser-engraved design on the lid, this gorgeous coin box will keep your coin in mint condition for years to come.
|Denomination:||One New Zealand dollar|
|Finish:||Proof with laser cut silhouette|
|Weight:||1 troy oz|
|Obverse design:||Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley, United Kingdom|
|Reverse design:||Laser cut kiwi silhouette|
|Worldwide mintage limit:||2,000|